In which we square our chins, gird our loins, bare our teeth and turn our gaze to the future. It’s not a good look for any of us. We talk a little about some of our crowd-sourced resolutions and predictions for the new year, some of which may prove to be more elusive than others.
- Apple's iPhone turns 7 years old
- Resolutions/Predictions for 2014 xcake/resolutions-and-predictions
- Irish politician Patrick O’Donovan embarrasses himself by calling for crackdown on internet browsers and payment systems which facilitate illegal activity. We mock this at great length.
- AT&T's Sponsored Data plans and why it's a terrible idea
— and also, Fred Wilson’s views on it FRED-WILSON-The-Net-Neutrality-Decision-Will-Be-5147487.php
- Why Google Just Paid $3 Billion for a Thermostat Company
- Squarespace. They didn’t sponsor us this month.
- Jelly.co, collaborative shared searching that seems hugely popular everywhere in San Francisco
- Fluther (Pre-Jelly Jelly): fluther.com
- Postman REST Client: postman-rest-client
- jq: a lightweight and flexible command-line JSON processor stedolan.github.io/jq/